Coastal Cities Group (CCG)
The CCG was created by the Cal Cities Board of Directors in November 2006 as a forum for cities within the coastal zone to discuss coastal issues and build a relationship with the California Coastal Commission.
To assist the Chair with fulfilling the goals of coastal cities, the Board created a leadership committee structure consisting of representatives from all over the state. Leadership Committee members, and their staff designees, help facilitate the operations of the CCG, play a key role in its activities, including building relationships with Coastal Commissioners and staff.
The CCG Leadership Committee consists of one elected official and their respective city manager, or their staff designee, from each of the six regions within the coastal zone.
If you wish to be more involved in the CCG, please subscribe to the Coastal Cities Listserv.
Leadership Committee Members 2021
- Chair - Mayor Ed Waage, Pismo Beach
- Vice Chair - Council Member Eric Friedman, Santa Barbara
- North Coast - Vice Mayor Barbara Burkey, Point Arena
- Staff Designee - Paul Andersen, Deputy City Manager, Point Arena
- North Central Coast - Mayor Sue Beckmeyer, Pacifica
- Staff Designee - Kevin Woodhouse, City Manager, Pacifica
- Central Coast - Mayor Ed Waage, Pismo Beach
- Staff Designee - Jim Lewis, City Manager, Pismo Beach
- South Central Coast - Council Member Eric Friedman, Santa Barbara
- Staff Designee - Melissa Hetrick, Project Planner, Community Development, Santa Barbara
- South Coast - Mayor Drew Boyles, El Segundo
- Staff Designee - Scott Mitnick, City Manager, El Segundo
- San Diego - Mayor Pro Tempore Ed Spriggs, Imperial Beach
- Staff Designee - Andy Hall, Imperial Beach
Cal Cities Staff Contact: Environmental Quality Legislative Representative, Derek Dolfie, and Environmental Quality Policy Analyst, Caroline Cirrincione
CCG Work Plan
The CCG develops an annual work plan, subject to Cal Cities Board of Directors approval, that establishes their priorities for the year. Below is a link to this year's CCG work plan:
CCG Leadership Committee Appointments
Leadership Committee members are selected on an annual basis by the Cal Cities President. Members of the Leadership Committee will serve as a point of contact for the Commission for cities within their coastal region.
Additional information, including committee responsibilities, and the six coastal regions is available online.