Now is the time to submit your session proposal for this Cal Cities educational conference.
The two-day educational and networking conference brings together roughly 200 leaders in the California city finance community.
The institute is geared towards finance officers, city treasurers, city managers, and all city staff who assist these professionals in their stewardship of public resources.
Cal Cities is currently soliciting session proposals for the conference. Suggested topics include:
- Pension reform and updates
- COVID-19 and finance-related topics
- Developing policies for finance departments
- Budget cycle process for new finance/municipality personnel
- Understanding OPEB
- Leadership and communication skills
- Exploring additional funding sources for capital projects and infrastructure
Cal Cities encourages individuals with an interest in submitting proposals to consult the materials
from previous years for ideas on topics of interest. Proposals are due by March 31.
Submissions, non-commercial in nature, from any individual, group, business, or organization, on any topic are welcome. Sessions may not include sales, commercialism, or product promotion of any kind.
For more information on previous sessions for the Municipal Finance Institute, please email Katie Pebler