The conference will take place on Fridays, April 30, May 7, 14, and 21, and will include a special peer-to-peer meet and greet followed by a City Attorneys Department meeting on Thursday, April 29.
What to expect at the City Attorneys Spring Conference
Sessions topics include:
- Competency and mindful lawyering (MCLE specialty credit for competency issues)
- Labor and employment litigation update
- Elected officials and employment law: When the rules don't apply
- I hear that train a'comin': Municipal legal issues involving railroads
- General municipal litigation update
- Emerging trends in class action challenges to revenue measures
- TNC User Tax
- City attorney escape room: Packaging legal advice for non-attorney clients
- Municipal tort and civil rights litigation update
- A rising tide against qualified immunity?
- How cities are addressing police reform
- Black Lives Matter as government speech
The League of California Cities1 is a Multiple Activity Provider for California State Bar approved minimum continuing legal education (MCLE) and certifies this activity meets the standards for MCLE credit by the State Bar of California in the total amount of 14 hours, including 1 hour of Competency Issues sub-field credit.
1 Provider No. 1985
Registration starts at $250 for League members
- Land use and CEQA litigation update
- How cities can abate nuisance properties at no cost
- New housing legislation: Lessons learned from recent litigation
- Public-private partnerships (P3s): How to deliver innovative, local-serving projects
. Full conference registration includes admission to all sessions and access to all program materials and session recordings.
|Non-city public official
|Company, all others
The full conference will take place via Zoom. Registrants are given a login and password to access the conference page where links to sessions will be located. All sessions are going to be live, and you will have a chance to ask questions to presenters. All sessions will be recorded.
For registration questions, contact Megan Dunn
For overall program questions, please contact Katie Pebler