The League needs your help because the annual award application review process depends on volunteer judges that review and select winning programs.
Sponsored by the League Partners program, the Helen Putnam Award for Excellence program was designed to recognize, celebrate and promote the outstanding efforts and innovative solutions made by city governments each year. Award winners are recognized at the League's Annual Conference and Expo, in Western City
magazine, by press release notifications, on the League's website, and in presentations made to city council meetings.
The League is recruiting 60 volunteers to serve on the various juries. To participate we ask that jury members review submitted applications online at www.helenputnam.org
and convene via Zoom call to announce the winners.
ACTION NEEDED – If you are willing to serve on a Helen Putnam Jury (and get a preview of some great innovations you might use in your city) please respond on the attached form by Monday, May 25.
Information on each application will be sent after we have confirmed your participation.
If you know your city has applied under a certain category please do not volunteer for that category.
Award categories include:
- CCS Partnership Intergovernmental Collaboration Award
- Community Services and Economic Development
- Economic Development through the Arts
- Enhancing Public Trust, Ethics, and Community Involvement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Housing Programs and Innovations
- Internal Administration
- Planning and Environmental Quality
- Public Safety
- Public Works, Infrastructure, Transportation
- Ruth Vreeland Award for Engaging Youth in City Government
If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Tualla
at (916) 658-8216.