California cities need to start preparing for the upcoming wildfire season while continuing to respond and navigate the COVID-19 crisis. In order to meet this challenge, the League of California Cities is producing a new Wildfire Response and Recovery Webinar Series to help guide city officials.
Learn from cities, counties, and state and federal agencies about action cities can take to prepare, and what to do before, during, and after a wildfire. This webinar series will provide a comprehensive review of the variety of wildfire topics and how COVID-19 will create new restrictions with this already challenging situation.
Registration for this eight-part series will cost $150 for the series or $25 per webinar.
for the first webinar on July 8.
What Cities Should Be Doing NOW/How has COVID-19 Changed Emergency Response?
Before the fire season begins, learn about the measures your city can take to establish and approve plans to prepare for these emergencies under the new environment. The session will cover:
- Creating a new and early messaging plan to change residents’ behaviors
- Establishing local supply chains to get PPEs and safety gear
- Designing shelter plans to account for social distancing
- Checking to see what fire prevention resources and programs are still available after COVID-19
- Identifying emergency plan and response challenges due to the pandemic
Future webinars in the series topics will include:
- Working with CalFire to Protect your Community: Coordination Before and During a Wildfire
- Communications During a Wildfire
- Running Shelters During a Wildfire: What Changes after COVID-19
- Running Emergency Operation Centers
- Decision Making and Relationship Building Before, During, and After a Wildfire
- Resources for Financial Assistance and Recovery after a Wildfire
- The Slow Road to Recovery
- Customizing Your Wildfire Response Playbook
Webinars will be scheduled weekly on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. Registration is available at www.cacities.org/events
For questions, please contact Megan Dunn