Learn from cities, counties, and state and federal agencies about the actions cities can take to prepare, and what to do before, during, and after a wildfire. This webinar series will provide a comprehensive review of the variety of wildfire challenges that cities face and how COVID-19 will create new restrictions with this already challenging situation.
Registration for this eight part series will cost $150 for the series or $25 per webinar.
for the second webinar on July 15.
Communications During a Wildfire
During emergencies, communication and messaging is extremely important. This session will review the myriad of communication issues that public agencies face during a crisis, especially when the power is shut off. Learn the what, when, who, and how of delivering emergency messages during a wildfire.
Presenters for this webinar:
- Walnut Creek Communications and Outreach Manager Betsy Burkhart
- Malibu Assistant City Manager Lisa Soghor
Future webinars in the series topics will include:
- Running Shelters During a Wildfire: What Changes after COVID-19
- Running Emergency Operation Centers
- Decision Making and Relationship Building Before, During, and After a Wildfire
- Resources for Financial Assistance and Recovery after a Wildfire
- The Slow Road to Recovery
- Customizing Your Wildfire Response Playbook
Webinars will be scheduled weekly on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. Registration is available at www.cacities.org/events
For questions, please contact Megan Dunn