Founded in 1955, ILG has been promoting good government at the local level for more than six decades with practical, impartial and easy-to-use resources. ILG's effectiveness is greatly enhanced by its close working relationship with its parent organizations the League of California Cities, the California State Association of Counties, and the California Special Districts Association.
A few highlights of ILG’s 2019 Annual Report
Read the full report here.
ILG is the nonprofit training and education affiliate of the League of California Cities, the California State Association of Counties and the California Special Districts Association. Our mission is to empower local government leaders and deliver real-world expertise to help them navigate complex issues, increase their capacity, and build trust in their communities.
- Launching the BOOST Pilot Program to help 12 under-resourced communities create a framework for sustainable community planning that is customized and tailored to each community’s specific needs.
- Hosting 41 trainings, webinars and conference sessions, reaching over 3,500 local officials and staff.
- Celebrating 11 cities with Beacon Awards who collectively reduced their carbon emissions by more than 900,000 metric tons, equivalent to removing more than 190,000 cars from the road.
- Launching a Housing and Public Engagement Toolkit to help California local governments establish more trust and transparency by collaborating with and engaging their residents on housing-related issues.
- Convening state and local leaders to increase collaboration on disaster preparedness.
- Helping local governments recruit and maintain a talented workforce by connecting over 500 youth to diverse local government career opportunities.