The LHTF Program will provide matching funds to local and regional housing trust funds dedicated to the creation, rehabilitation or preservation of affordable housing, transitional housing and emergency shelters.
The LHTF program funds may be used for:
- Predevelopment costs
- Acquisition costs
- Costs associated with development or rehabilitation of affordable rental housing projects
- Emergency shelters
- Permanent supportive housing
- Transitional housing
- Affordable homeownership projects
- Construction, repair, and reconstruction or rehabilitation of accessory dwelling units or junior accessory dwelling units
- Homeownership projects, including down payment assistance to qualified first-time homebuyers
- Rehabilitation of homes owned by income-eligible homeowners
HCD is asking stakeholders to help shape these guidelines. To do so, submit comments by email to LHTF@hcd.ca.gov
For more information, visit our LHTF webpage
Public comment period ends Nov. 12 at 5 p.m.
Attend a LHTF Draft Guidelines Webinar
10 a.m.-12 p.m.