League lobbyists prepare this document at the conclusion of each legislative year as a resource to assist city officials understand laws enacted during the 2019 session.
City officials are encouraged to utilize the League’s overview of new statutes that have the potential to affect cities throughout the state. Dubbed the “Legislative Report,” this compilation of statutes includes chaptered bill and resolution summaries and analyses relating to the topics of:
- Budget and Trailer Bills;
- Community Services;
- Environmental Quality;
- Governance, Transparency, and Labor Relations;
- Housing. Community and Economic Development;
- Public Safety;
- Revenue and Taxation; and
- Transportation, Communications and Public Works.
Additionally, the report contains an in-depth overview of the political and policy related events that transpired over the course of 2019 that influenced the outcomes of the legislative session. The report also includes in-depth analyses for statutes that remained at the forefront of League advocacy for 2019. These include:
- AB 116 (Ting) Changes to Enhanced Infrastructure Financing Districts (EIFDs) Law;
- AB 147 (Burke) California’s New On-Line Sales Tax Collection Law;
- AB 392 (Weber) Peace Officers. Deadly Force;
- Key Wildfire Legislation;
- AB 101 (Comm. On Budget) Housing; and
- Summary of ADU Bills.
An online version of the report
is available on the League’s website. To purchase a hard copy, please contact the League at (916) 658-8200.