This webinar is designed to help your city remained informed and engaged as the budget comes together and major bills cross houses.
Many bills harmful to local control were introduced in 2019. Now that the bills are crossing houses, it is time to take stock on where things stand. While action by the policy and appropriations committees have reduced some of the threats, city officials need to remain focused as the Legislature enters its second phase and negotiations on the budget accelerate.
League lobbyists will share information on legislation affecting:
- Items of interest to cities in the budget;
- Local land use authority and affordable housing;
- Homelessness issues and funding opportunities;
- Employee relations and workers compensation;
- Disaster response funding and policy;
- Economic development and tax increment tool restoration;
- Public safety, cannabis regulation and drones; and,
- Other legislation of critical importance.
by 5 p.m. on May 22.
Registration is free for League member cities and League Partners. Non-member cities and all others will be charged $100.
For questions about how to register for the webinar, please contact Kayla Boutros
For all other questions, please contact Meg Desmond