These are one-year terms that then move up through the positions to succeed into the department’s president position. Currently, the department is seeking a second vice president position (Southern California).
The Nominating Committee will use the following information as a basis for selection:
Application and Selection Process
- The individual’s professional reputation;
- The individual’s perspective on city service;
- Whether the individual has demonstrated a commitment to serving and strengthening the department;
- The individual’s depth of knowledge and experience with city government; and
- The individual’s involvement in intergovernmental activities.
The first vice president shall act in place of the president during the president’s absence or inability to act. The first vice president shall be responsible for overseeing the department’s strategic planning effort and shall perform any other duties assigned by the president.
The second vice president position is a one-year term and responsibilities include acting in the president’s and first vice president’s absence or inability to act. The second vice president is responsible for overseeing the Mayors and Council Members’ Academy and for performing any other duties assigned by the president.
Applications will be reviewed by the Executive Committee. All applications must be received by Friday, Aug. 9. Please direct applications to Meghan McKelvey
or fax to (916) 658-8240. Receipt of an application will be confirmed via email.