The number of legislative hearings will expand as the bill introduction deadline of Feb. 22 approaches.
Some hearings, if not all, will be televised. The Senate
publish weekly television schedules, but audio is always available online. In addition, many hearings are also webcast via the California Channel
Here are a number of upcoming hearings of interest to cities:
Joint Hearing Senate Environmental Quality and Assembly Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials
, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 437
Joint Hearing Budget Subcommittee No. 3 on Resources and Transportation and Natural Resources,
- California’s Green Chemistry Program: Are We Protecting People from Toxic Chemicals in Products?
9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 444
Senate Environmental Quality,
- Informational Hearing: Wildfire Impacts on Watershed Lands
9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 3191
Senate Budget and Fiscal Review,
- California’s Climate Change Policies: Will the State Achieve the SB 32 Target?
10 a.m. or upon adjournment of session, State Capitol, John L. Burton Hearing Room 4203
Assembly Joint Hearing Budget Subcommittee No. 4 on State Administration and Housing and Community Development and Local Government,
- Informational Hearing: Housing and Homelessness
1 p.m., State Capitol, Room 447
Senate Joint Hearing Senate Governmental Organization and Assembly Governmental Organization,
- Informational Hearing: Governor’s Homeless and Housing Proposals
1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 4202
- Informational Hearing: The Utilization of Current and Emerging Technologies to Modesto Wildfire Activity in California