The award, sponsored by the League Partner program, recognizes the successes of California cities that have created beneficial innovations, implemented resourceful efficiencies, improved public service and enhanced public trust and support. The award also provides a great opportunity for local communities to celebrate the work of the city.
If your city has accomplished remarkable, inventive work in any of the 12 categories listed below, now is the time to apply. The Helen Putnam Awards for Excellence are also a great opportunity to thank employees and collaborators, connect with residents and celebrate outstanding contributions that have enhanced the city.
Award categories include:
- CCS Partnership Intergovernmental Collaboration Award
- Community Services and Economic Development
- Economic Development through the Arts
- Enhancing Public Trust, Ethics, and Community Involvement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Housing Programs and Innovations
- Internal Administration
- League Partners Award for Excellence in City-Business Relations
- Planning and Environmental Quality
- Public Safety
- Public Works, Infrastructure, Transportation
- Ruth Vreeland Award for Engaging Youth in City Government
Your city must be a member of the League of California Cities to apply. To qualify, simply demonstrate that your city offered a program or service that has proven measurable and successful within a minimum of one year of actual implementation. Particular attention and credit is given to applications specifically advancing the League's strategic goals
, which are determined each year by the board of directors.
Online entry deadline is Thursday, April 11 at 5 p.m. Submit your application online at www.helenputnam.org
Please contact Melissa Lienau
with any questions at (916) 658-8216.