If your city has done remarkable, innovative work in any of the 12 categories listed below now is the time to get your deserved recognition. It is an opportunity to thank your employees and collaborators, gain the appreciation of your residents and feel proud of outstanding contributions made to better your city.
The award recognizes the successes of California cities as demonstrated by beneficial innovations, resourceful efficiencies, improved public service, and overall enhanced public trust and support. The award also provides a great opportunity to have a community celebration of the good work you are doing.
Does your city have an outstanding program that delivers efficiency, quality service and innovation? Enter your program at www.helenputnam.org
to compete for the recognition it deserves.
Award categories include:
- CCS Partnership Intergovernmental Collaboration Award
- Community Services and Economic Development
- Economic Development through the Arts
- Enhancing Public Trust, Ethics, and Community Involvement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Housing Programs and Innovations
- Internal Administration
- League Partners Award for Excellence in City-Business Relations
- Planning and Environmental Quality
- Public Safety
- Public Works, Infrastructure, Transportation
- Ruth Vreeland Award for Engaging Youth in City Government
Additionally, your city can receive the President's Advocacy Award. This prestigious award honors a distinguished program or individual that best advocates for the League's annual strategic priorities. One outstanding winner may be chosen from the 12 categories.
Your city must be a member of the League of California Cities to apply. To qualify, simply demonstrate that your city offered a program or service that has proven measurable and successful within a minimum of one year of actual implementation. Particular attention and credit is given to applications specifically advancing the League's strategic priorities at www.cacities.org/priorities
, which are determined each year by the board of directors.
Online entry deadline is 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 12. Submit your application online at www.helenputnam.org
Please contact Melissa Lienau
with any questions at (916) 658-8216.