Both conferences will be held at the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel. Visit the League website
and register for one of these conferences by Nov. 14.
2017 City Clerks New Law & Elections Seminar
Spread the word to city clerks, deputy city clerks, and assistant city clerks, records managers or any other city officials that may be interested in the topics presented at this year's conference.
Here is a sampling of the sessions being offered this year:
- Initiatives, Referendums and Recalls
- Automating Your Records Program
- Strategies for Success in Performance Management
- Elections, New Law, and Fair Political Practices Update
- The Diversity Challenge
MMC Advanced Education and CMC Educational points will be available for qualifying attendees.
The League’s discounted block is sold out at the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel. By using a travel reservation website (such as hotels.com), you can find other lodging nearby.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Whiting
2017 Municipal Finance Institute
Check out a list of the sessions that the League is offering this year at the Municipal Finance Institute:
Wednesday, Dec. 13
Thursday, Dec. 14
- Legislative and City Finance Update
- Straight from the Source: Governing California’s Pension System Today
- Day 1 Luncheon Presentation with Dr. Peter Rupert
- Budgeting and Financial Planning in an Era of Uncertainty
- Embedded Social Justice: Are Utility Rates Really “Fair and Equitable”?
- Labor Negotiations Update 2017 for Finance Professionals
Event Registration Information
- The Role of Finance Departments in Fraud Prevention
- Transform Workplace Culture, Transform Local Government!
- Using EIFDs to Bring a Neighborhood Back to Life
- Day 2 Luncheon Presentation with Billy Hamilton, Executive Vice Chancellor and CFO of Texas A&M
- Strategic Planning for Local Government
- Prop 64: Priorities for Finance Officers
The full conference registration includes two days of educational sessions; Wednesday lunch and reception, Thursday breakfast and lunch; and electronic access to all program materials.
In addition, by attending the 2017 Municipal Finance Institute you may meet the qualification for continuing education credits for Certified Public Accountants.
Additional conference information
can be found online. Please contact Katie Pebler
for questions about the event.