After the fast-approaching Feb. 17 bill introduction deadline, expect the number of legislative hearings to ramp up.
Some hearings, if not all, will be televised. The Senate
publish weekly television schedules, but audio is always available online. In addition, many hearings are also webcast via the California Channel
Here are a number of upcoming hearings of interest to cities:
Assembly Appropriations Committee,
9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4202
Joint Informational Hearing of the Assembly Business and Professions and Health and Agriculture committees
- AB 28 (Frazier), Department of Transportation: Environmental Review Process: Federal Pilot Program. League position: Support.
, 9-11 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4202
Assembly Water, Parks, and Wildlife Committee
- Cannabis Regulation: The Path Forward After Proposition 65
, 2 p.m., State Capitol, Room 437
Assembly Housing and Community Development Committee
- AB 18 (E. Garcia), the California Clean Water, Climate, and Coastal Protection and Outdoor Access for All Act of 2018. League position: Support.
, 1-3 p.m., Indio City Hall
Senate Transportation and Housing Committee (tentative)
- Informational Hearing: California’s Housing Affordability Crisis: Challenges and Solutions in the Coachella and Imperial Valleys
, State Capitol, time and room TBD
- SB 1 (Beall) — Transportation Funding. League position: Support.