Scheduled for Wednesday, April 27, the one-day event is free for League members and League Partners.
The day will start at 10:00 a.m. with a general briefing on current budget issues and a legislative and policy update on a wide range of topics including:
- Budget, Legislative and Policy Update:
- Transportation, water and other infrastructure funding;
- Efforts to improve and expand economic development tools;
- Medical marijuana regulation, drone regulation, and 9-1-1 emergency calls;
- Affordable housing and homelessness;
- Massage board sunset review;
- CEQA updates and modernization;
- Climate change legislation and Cap-and-Trade Allocations;
- Drought conditions and urban water usage; and
- Other legislation of critical importance.
- Updates from Legislators
Following the briefing, which ends at 11:30 a.m., city officials will have time to meet with the legislators in the Capitol. The League’s Latino Caucus is co-sponsoring a legislative panel on transportation funding proposals from 3:30– 4:30 p.m.
For city officials who are able to extend their day, the League will be hosting a legislative reception from 5:30–6:30 p.m.
April 5 is the deadline to register for Legislative Action Day. Register online at www.cacities.org/events
Please direct questions to Megan Dunn
, the League’s registrar.