Under the provisions of this bill, TAC is responsible for developing a framework for a pilot program to explore road charging as an alternative to the gas tax. The pilot program will test the viability of a road charge mechanism for assessing use of the state’s transportation system.
TAC will meet monthly throughout 2015 and gather public feedback and comments through a variety of means to help develop the road charge pilot program. Efforts include:
- Providing an easily accessible website setup to receive emails and comments.
- Reaching out to hundreds of stakeholder groups, state and local elected officials and community leaders. View the letter to stakeholders sent by Commissioner Jim Madaffer, chair of the California Road Charge Technical Advisory Committee.
- Conducting public surveys and focus groups to substantively probe public attitudes and response.
- Consulting with members of a Work Group assembled to provide expertise and input from key stakeholders and public interests.
- Dedicating time for public comment at the monthly TAC meetings and providing webcast of meetings on the California Road Charge Pilot website.
To share feedback, visit the TAC pilot program website at www.CaliforniaRoadChargePilot.com
. All comments received by Aug. 14 will be used to inform the TAC.
Interested stakeholders are also invited to view the Road Charge Fact Sheet
or attend one of the upcoming TAC meetings
Please contact Carrie Pourvahidi
at (916) 653-3148 for questions or more information about this project.