Both strategies are intended to ensure the long-term sustainability of the fund and will have impacts to member and employer contributions in the future.
It is important to note that taking no action may pose an even higher risk of rate increases in the future.
The pension fund will be holding two webinars next week
to brief you on these strategies that will feature speakers and an opportunity to ask questions that you may have about the implementation and impacts. Both webinars will include the same presentations and information, so you should choose one to attend.
Webinar Details (choose one)
- Wednesday, June 3, 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, June 4, 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Cheryl Eason, chief financial officer;
- David Lamoureux, deputy chief actuary; and
- Eric Baggesen, senior investment officer, Asset Allocation and Risk Management.