Cities will be especially watching for any modifications to the Department of Finance’s proposal to change the redevelopment dissolution process. In the Assembly, just one League Hot Bill will be heard, AB 35 that would provide funding for affordable housing, an important resource for cities after the redevelopment dissolution. The League’s full 2015 Hot and Priority Bill list
is available online.
A full listing
of Senate and Assembly hearings is available online. Hearing times are subject to change. Bill language and any available position letters on legislation can be found through the bill search function on the League’s website
Monday, May 11
Assembly Committee on Revenue and Taxation, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 126
- HOT AB 35 (Chiu) Income taxes: credits: low-income housing: allocations increase. League position: Support.
Senate Committee on Appropriations, 10 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
Tuesday, May 12
- SB 254 (Allen) State highways: relinquishment. League position: Support.
Senate Judiciary, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203)
Wednesday, May 13
Assembly Committee on Local Government, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 447
- AB 341 (Achadjian) Financial affairs: reports. League position: Support.
- AB 57 (Quirk) Telecommunications: Wireless Telecommunication Facilities. League Position: Oppose.
- AB 718 (Chu) Local government: powers. League Position: Oppose.
Senate Committee on Governance and Finance, 9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 112
- SB 593 (McGuire) Residential units for tourist or transient use: hosting platforms. League position: Support if Amended.
Senate Committee on Insurance, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 112
- SB 604 (Hall) California Insurance Guarantee Association: definitions. League position: Support.