It also has four weeks before adjourning for the month-long summer recess on July 17. Between now and then, policy committees will be busy hearing bills and moving them through the process.
To access a bill, the League’s position letter and sample letters, please go to www.cacities.org/billsearch
and plug in the bill number into the search box.
The League’s full 2015 Hot and Priority Bill list
is available online.
A full listing
of Senate and Assembly hearings is available online. Hearing times are subject to change. Bill language and any available position letters on legislation can be found through the bill search function on the League’s website
Tuesday, June 23
Assembly Judiciary, 9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4202
- SB 658 (Hill) Automated external defibrillators. League position: Support.
Senate Human Services, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 3191
- AB 74 (Calderon) Care facilities: regulatory visits. League position: Support.
- AB 702 (Maienschein) CalWORKs: temporary shelter assistance. League position: Support.
Senate Judiciary, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 112
Wednesday, June 24
- AB 552 (O’Donnell) Public works contracts: damages. League position: Oppose.
Senate Education, 9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
- AB 1228 (Gipson) Public postsecondary education: campus housing: priority for homeless youth. League position: Support.
Senate Governance and Finance, Anticipated Hearing
- HOT AB 718 (Chu) Local government: powers. League position: Oppose.