League of California Cities®
League of California Cities®
Thank you for visiting the League of California Cities®
The League is a California nonprofit corporation that provides education and advocacy services for and on behalf of California cities. The organization’s membership consists of most cities in the State, represented by public officials who work together through the League to enhance their professional knowledge and skills, exchange information about municipal issues, and combine resources to better serve and advocate on behalf of their cities. The League operates for purely professional purposes, and any personal information provided by an individual to the League for personal purposes is not shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
- You do not have to give the League personal information to visit the Site.
- The League collects personally identifiable information (first and last name, physical address, email address, telephone number, credit/debit card numbers, or other identifiers that permit the physical or online contacting of an individual) only if specifically and knowingly provided by you.
- The personally identifiable information you provide through the Site may be used to:
- Respond to your email inquiry;
- Provide the services you request;
- Deliver the services or products you purchase or order on the Site;
- Forward your email inquiry to the appropriate person or entity for response or assistance; or
- Notify you of issues or information in subject areas or matters you have expressed interest in or concern about.
- In order to further its mission, the League may share personally identifiable information you provide through the Site with League vendors administering programs that benefit cities or with national organizations that represent cities’ interests. These third parties will not use the personally identifiable information that the League shares with them for direct marketing purposes.
- The information you provide may also be collected for the League’s statistical purposes, including to perform analyses of user behavior to measure customer interest in the various areas of, or particular pages on, the Site. The League does not include personally identifiable information in disclosing any consumer information in aggregate form for analysis.
- If the League is merely responding to your electronic inquiry, the personally identifiable information you provided for the League to do so will not be maintained.
- If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits. We use this information to learn about the number of visitors accessing different sections of or pages on the Site, what information is of greatest interest, and technical information that will enhance your ease of use, such as system performance, problem areas, and the types of technology our visitors use. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the Site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the Site;
- The date and time you access the Site;
- The pages you visit on the Site; and
- If you linked to the Site from another website, the Internet address of that website.
If for any reason you wish to request confirmation that your personally identifying information has not been shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, if you have questions or concerns, or if you wish to access or modify your personal information provided through the Site, contact the League at:
League of California Cities
1400 K Street, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95814
Telephone: (916) 658-8200
Electronic Mail Precautions
Remember that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your bank account number(s), credit card number(s), or social security number, you should send it by mail unless the Site indicates that a particular website is secured.
Electronic Commerce Precautions
Some of our Site pages allow you to purchase products or services, or to request information electronically. That information will be maintained and protected in accordance with the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. 552a, which means that it will be secured in transit to us and secured once received. The League will not share this information with third parties other than necessary to fulfill your order or request; comply with the law or legal process served on the League or the Site; protect and defend the rights, interests or property of the League, including its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, affiliates, marketing partners, consultants, or third parties; or to protect the personal safety of League members or members of the public.
From time to time, the League may conduct online surveys that ask you for demographic data. The League or its agents may also contact you by telephone with the option to participate in other member research studies. Participation in any survey or other consumer research is always voluntary. The League aggregates the responses received before using the information, to improve the information, products and services the League offers. The League does not link your individual responses to your personal information at any time.
We occasionally send mail and e-mail communications to our members to let them know about new programs, products and special offers. If you wish to discontinue receiving such communications, you may unsubscribe from receiving them at any time. To unsubscribe, simply find the appropriate link on the Site homepage or the applicable email communication, or contact the League for assistance at (916) 658-8200.
Modifications or Changes to this Policy
of the Site.