What are the benefits of League membership?
- Unmatched Advocacy at the ballot box, in the Legislature, and in the courts.
- Timely Communication delivered on the latest advocacy efforts with news about legislative developments that affect your city. Vehicles include CA Cities Advocate, social media, and e‑mail updates. In addition, Western City magazine, the League’s monthly publication, provides substantive analysis of broader statewide policy issues for local officials.
- Member-Driven Priorities developed by local leaders. Regional divisions, professional departments, caucuses, and policy committees meet throughout the year to address policy issues.
- Best Practices and practical tools for local officials are provided by the Institute for Local Government on topics including public engagement, sustainability, ethics, Local Government 101, and more. These valuable resources can save your city time and money by offering expert information in a concise format, reducing the need for city staff research.
- Cutting-Edge Professional Development offered through the League’s educational conferences and events is geared to the unique needs of local government officials and city staff. Meetings and webinars present essential information from experts and provide a forum for exploring solutions to the challenges facing California’s cities.
How should cities budget for League dues?
The League encourages cities to budget for League dues. As your city is preparing next year’s budget, here is the best information available on the level of League dues.