Upcoming Legislative Meetings of Interest to Cities
Meetings for the Week of June 3-June 9
The Legislature is moving on a fast track the next few weeks to proceed with legislation that was delayed or amended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Assembly Appropriations Committee has until June 5 to hear and report bills to the floor.
The Senate is operating on a slightly modified schedule as they returned to the Capitol one week after the Assembly. The Senate Appropriations Committee has until June 19 to hear and report bills to the floor.
The Legislature’s vote on the 2020-21 State Budget must occur by June 15.
Below are a number of upcoming hearings of interest to cities. It is important to note that all hearings will be televised or available over live audio. The Senate
publish weekly television schedules online, as well as audio and video links.
You may also view the League’s update on priority bills in the Legislature
, which published May 27 in CA Cities Advocate
Senate Governance and Finance, 9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
Assembly Appropriations, 4 p.m., State Capitol, Assembly Floor
- SB 1319 (Bates) Property taxation: change in ownership. League position: support
Senate Appropriations, 9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
- AB 1947 (Kalra) Employment violation complaints: requirements: time. League position: oppose
- AB 2122 (Rubio, Blanca) Unlawful cannabis activity: enforcement. League position: support
- AB 2421 (Quirk) Land use: permitting: wireless communications. League position: neutral
- AB 2570 (Stone) False Claims Act. League position: support
- AB 3040 (Chiu) Local planning: regional housing need assessment. League position: support in concept
- AB 3116 (Irwin) Mobility devices: personal information. League position: oppose
- AB 3330 (O'Donnell) Cannabis and cannabis products: advertising and marketing: penalties. League position: support
- AB 3352 (Friedman) State Housing Law: enforcement response to complaints. League position: oppose unless amend
- SB 795 (Beall) Economic development: housing: workforce development: climate change infrastructure. League position: support
- SB 865 (Hill) Excavations: subsurface installations. League position: support
- SB 1159 (Hill) Workers’ compensation: COVID-19: critical workers. League position: concerns
- SB 1244 (Bradford) Cannabis testing laboratories. League position: pending support
- SB 1299 (Portantino) Housing development: incentives: rezoning of idle retail sites. League position: support
- SB 1431 (Glazer) Property taxation: reassessment: disaster relief. League position: oppos