Watch the Support Local Recovery coalition news conferences:
On August 10, the Support Local Recovery coalition held a series of news conferences in four congressional districts urging legislators to get back to the negotiating table and support direct and flexible funding for cities in a federal coronavirus relief package.
Explore how "Support Local Recovery" is made headlines in 2020!
- League of California Cities urges Congress to return to table and provide $500B to aid local businesses, Valley News, (8/12/20)
- Editorial: Trump’s rescue plan would let state and local governments drown in red ink, Los Angeles Times (8/11/20)
- League of California Cities: Coalition Demands Federal Leaders Support Funding to Cities in Latest Coronavirus Relief Package, Sierra Sun Times (8/11/20)
- No federal relief leaves states, cities facing big deficits Associated Press (8/10/20)
- League of California Cities to Feds on COVID-19 funding - As stimulus bill stalls, we need your direct help now ElkGroveNews.net (8/10/20)
- Pandemic Is Hurting Some City Budgets More Than Others In San Diego County, KPBS San Diego (6/15/20)
- California cities, essential to safety and recovery, need state and federal financial help, CalMatters (6/8/20)
- SB to consider statement against police brutality, Santa-Barbara News- Press (6/8/20)
- Facing budget shortfalls, local cities join statewide coalition to lobby for disaster relief, New Times San Luis Obispo (5/21/20)
- South Pasadena Joins Coalition To "Support Local Recovery: Vibrant Cities. Strong Economies." Patch.com (5/17/20)
- Listen to the KGX/KWXY radio interview on how COVID-19 impacts cities and why it is important to Support Local Recovery (MP3)