Prior to the League’s Annual Conference, the city of Malibu requested to have an informal meeting regarding group homes. More than 20 cities participated in the meeting on issues associated with group homes. While sober living facilities were frequently mentioned during the meeting, other group homes were mentioned as well. The League then decided to offer cities an opportunity to participate in a Task Force on Group Homes. The point of which was to figure out where the concerns are and what potential solutions are out there.
More than 40 participated on the the Group Home Task Force conference call. The resources below were provided to task force participants. This Group Home Hot Issues link is intended to be a resource to League members.
- League Sober Living Facilities Webinar, Sept. 17, 2014
- Rogue Rehabs: State failed to police drug and alcohol homes, with deadly results, California State Senate Rules Committee, Sept. 4, 2014
- Suspect Treatment: State's lack of scrutiny allows unscreened sex offenders and unethical counselors to treat addicts, California Senate Rules Committee, May 13, 2013
- Walking a Tightrope – Regulating Group Homes Without Running Afoul of Federal and State Laws
- City Attorneys' 2007 Spring Conference, Newport Beach Case Study
- Transitional Housing Group Home Complaint Investigation and Enforcement Program PowerPoint Presentation, city of Riverside, City Attorney Gregory P. Priamos
In The News