The Mayors and Council Members Department provides networking opportunities and fosters professional development for department members through the Cal Cities' educational and communication tools. It also serves as a technical and advisory resource to Cal Cities through its policy committee representatives (see list below).
Mayors and Council Members Department Bylaws can be found here.
2020-2021 Department Officers
The League of California Cities is grateful to the following individuals who devote their time to making the Mayors and Council Members Department a success through their work on the Department's Executive Committee.
- President - Lori Ogorchock, Council Member, Antioch
- 1st Vice President - John Minto, Mayor, Santee
- 2nd Vice President - Dominic Foppoli, Mayor, Windsor
- Immediate Past President - Melanie Bagby, Council Member, Cloverdale
- State League Director - Lori Ogorchock, Council Member, Antioch
Policy Committee Representatives
Appointed by the department president, each department has at least one representative on each of the Cal Cities' standing eight committees that can provide technical information to the committee as a whole to ensure that the department has a voice in the decision-making process, and make recommendations to the board of directors on legislative and policy issues.
Visit the Cal Cities' Policy Development
webpage to view upcoming meeting information, listed committees, and meeting agendas. Thank you to the following members who are serving on policy committees in 2020.
– Stacy Berry, Council Member, Cypress
– Tom Butt, Richmond Mayor
Governance, Transparency & Labor
- Lori Ogorchock, Council Member, Antioch
Housing, Community & Economic Development
– Vong Mouanoutoua
, Council Member, Clovis
– Mike Vargas, Mayor, Perris
Revenue & Taxation
– Daniela Andrade, Mayor Pro Tem, Banning
Transportation, Communication & Public Works
– Janelle Osborne, Mayor, Lompoc