The purpose of the City Managers Department is to:
- Promote the purposes and goals established in the League of California Cities Constitution and Bylaws;
- Serve as a technical and advisory Department to the League of California Cities;
- Strive for the continued acceptance and advancement of city management through professional accomplishment and ethical standards as embodied in the ICMA Code of Ethics.
- Seek the personal development and enrichment of its members through the promotion and conduct of conferences, seminars, and related training or communication methods; and
- Represent the International City Management Association as their official statewide organization unit and to maintain close liaison and working relationships with ICMA.
2019-2020 Department Officers
President – Reva Feldman, City Manager, Malibu
President Elect – Steve Rogers, Town Manager, Yountville
Vice President – John Gillison, City Manager, Rancho Cucamonga
Immediate Past President – Jim Lewis, City Manager, Pismo Beach
Department Director* – Jim Lewis, City Manager, Pismo Beach
Southern CA under 100,000 Population – Thaddeus McCormack City Manager, Lakewood
Southern CA over 100,000 Population – Kim Summers, City Manager, Murrieta
Northern CA under 100,000 Population – Reina Schwartz, Asst. City Manager, San Pablo
Northern CA over 100,000 Population – Leyne Milstein, Asst. City Manager, Sacramento
Terms are for one year, ending in September, except the director and at-large representatives, who serve two-year terms.
Appointed by the department president, each department has at least one representative on each of the League’s standing eight committees that can provide technical information to the committee as a whole to ensure that the department has a voice in the decision-making process, and make recommendations to the board of directors on legislative and policy issues.
Visit the League’s Policy Development webpage to view upcoming meeting information, listed committees, and meeting agendas.
2020 Policy Committee Representatives
Community Services – Lorenzo Hines, Assistant City Manager, Pacifica
Environmental Quality – Niroop Srivatsa, City Manager, Lafayette
Governance, Transparency and Labor Relations – Jenny Haruyama, City Manager, Tracy
Housing, Community & Economic Development – Alex McIntyre, City Manager, Ventura
Public Safety – Sean McGlynn, City Manager Santa Rosa
Revenue & Taxation – Eric Levitt, Simi Valley City Manager
Transportation, Communication & Public Works – Dennis Wilberg, City Manager, Mission Viejo
For more information about the appointment process, please contact Meg Desmond.