Asian Pacific Islander Caucus
To support and advance Asian Pacific Islander (API) local elected officials and promote the well-being of the diverse API community throughout the state.
- Provide leadership development opportunities;
- Increase APIs in civic engagement and leadership roles in all levels of government;
- Partner with likeminded organizations and key stakeholders; and
- Advocate for the interests of the diverse API communities.
- President: Sheng Thao, council member, Oakland
- First Vice President: Jason Pu, council member, San Gabriel
- Second Vice President: Juslyn Manalo, vice mayor, Daly City
- Secretary-Treasurer: Jeffrey Koji Maloney, council member, Alhambra
- Immediate Past President: David Ryu, council member, Los Angeles
- Ali Taj, mayor, City of Artesia
- Diedre Thu-Ha Nguyen, council member, Garden Grove
- Gabriel Quinto, council member, El Cerrito
- Polly Low, mayor pro tem, Rosemead
- Stephanie Nguyen, council member, Elk Grove
- Shawn Kumagai, council member, Dublin
The API Caucus connects you to important policy makers in Washington D. C. and Sacramento including the California Constitutional Officers, the Legislature and the API Legislative Caucus as well as corporate and civic leaders. We open doors and build relationships with individuals who are in public policy decision-making positions.
To join, please complete either submit membership dues via the online portal or fill out the membership form and send with membership dues to:
League of California Cities
1400 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Please contact Annie V. Lam, executive director at (916) 955-6766 for membership inquiries and API partnership opportunities.
We have a new website! Visit the new API Caucus website at www.cacitiesapicaucus.org.