This conference will provide you an opportunity to learn about the major planning and land use issues facing cities.
Discover a unique learning experience at this conference through two educational tracks. The “Fundamentals” track is geared toward attendees who may be new to planning or need a refresher course on the basics. Sessions for this track include:
- Planning Commission 101: The Nuts and Bolts of Planning
- Planning Commission 102: The Nuts and Bolts of Planning
- What Happens Before Project Approval?
- The Role of a Planning Commissioner
- CEQA 101
- Ask An Expert!
The “Emerging Issues” track goes beyond the basics into current or future trends and is perfect for returning conference attendees. This year, sessions include:
- Modernizing Design Guidelines: The Rise of Contemporary Residential Architecture
- Legislative Update
- Infill Projects: Ensuring Neighborhood Compatibility
- What You See Depends on Where You Sit
- In the Trenches with Your General Plan
- You Are What You Tweet: An Official Survival Guide
Attendees are free to move between the two tracks throughout the conference. There are also six sessions where the two tracks will meet together.
AB 1234 Ethics Training will be offered as a pre-conference workshop. Don’t forget to sign up when registering for the conference.
More information on the conference program and registration details are available on the League’s website
. Online pre-registration is available until March 2.