In addition, April 27 is the last day for policy committee to hear and report to fiscal committees on fiscal bills introduced in their house of origin.
Some hearings, if not all, will be televised. The Senate
publish weekly television schedules, but audio is always available online. In addition, many hearings are also webcast via the California Channel
Here are a number of upcoming hearings of interest to cities:
Assembly Natural Resources,
2:30 p.m. State Capitol, Room 447
Senate Governmental Organizations,
- HOT AB 1775 (Muratsuchi) State lands: leasing: oil and gas. League position: Support.
9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
Select Committee on Community and Law Enforcement Relations and Responsibilities,
- HOT SB 833 (McGuire) Emergency alerts: evacuation orders: operators. League position: Support.
10 a.m. to noon, State Capitol, Room 127
Assembly Elections and Redistricting,
- Informational Hearing: Statewide Assessment on Interactions between People with Disabilities and Law Enforcement.
9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 444
Senate Environmental Quality,
- AB 2123 (Cervantes) District-based elections. League position: Pending support.
- AB 2880 (Harper) Political Reform Act of 1974: local enforcement. League position: Support.
9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 113
Assembly Local Government,
- Informational Hearing: Implementation of California Climate Adaption Policies
1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 447
Senate Natural Resources and Water,
- HOT AB 2268 (Reyes) Local government finance: property tax revenue allocations: vehicle license fee adjustments. League position: Support.
- AB 2491 (Cooley) Local government finance: vehicle license fee adjustment amounts. League position: Support.
- AB 2598 (Quirk) Cities: ordinances: violations. League position: Support.
Upon Adjournment of session, State Capitol, Room 112
- HOT SB 834 (Jackson) State lands: leasing: oil and gas. League position: Support.
1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 4202
Assembly Privacy and Consumer Protection,
- HOT AB 3162 (Friedman) Alcoholism or drug abuse recovery or treatment facilities. League position: Support.
1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 126
Senate Budget and Fiscal Review Subcommittee No. 4 on State Administration and General Government,
- HOT AB 2812 (Limόn) Data storage and protection standards: local agencies. League position: Sponsor.
9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 2040
Senate Business, Professions and Economic Development,
- Commission on State Mandates
- Local Government Financing
12 p.m., State Capitol, Room 3191
- Informational Hearing: Update on the Regulation of Massage Therapy in California: Business Oversight and Best Practices