The League needs your help because the annual award application review process depends on volunteer judges that review and select winning programs.
Sponsored by the League Partners program, the Helen Putnam Award for Excellence program was designed to recognize and promote the outstanding efforts and innovative solutions made by city governments each year. Award winners are recognized at the League's Annual Conference and Expo, in Western City
magazine, by press release notifications, on the League's website, and in presentations made to city council meetings.
The League is recruiting 60 volunteers to serve on the various juries. To participate jury members are asked to review submitted applications online at www.helenputnam.org
and convene via conference call to select the winners.
Interested volunteer jurors must submit an application
by Friday, May 26 to Melissa Lienau via email
or fax to (916) 658-8240. Judging information will be sent after volunteer judges have been confirmed. If you know your city has applied under a certain category please do not volunteer for that category.
Award categories include:
- CCS Partnership Intergovernmental Collaboration Award
- Community Services and Economic Development
- Economic Development through the Arts
- Enhancing Public Trust, Ethics, and Community Involvement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Housing Programs and Innovations
- Internal Administration
- Planning and Environmental Quality
- Public Safety
- Public Works, Infrastructure, Transportation
- Ruth Vreeland Award for Engaging Youth in City Government
Please contact Melissa Lienau
at (916) 658-8216 with questions.