League President and Lodi City Council Member JoAnne Mounce’s appointments this month follow her appointment of Santa Barbara Mayor Helene Schneider as chair in February. The six members represent the six coastal regions defined by the California Coastal Commission.
The Leadership Committee comprises the following members:
- Fort Bragg Mayor Lindy Peters (North Coast Region);
- Half Moon Bay Council Member Harvey Rarback (North Central Region);
- Pismo Beach Mayor Ed Waage (Central Coast Region);
- Malibu City Council Member Lou La Monte (South Central Region);
- Huntington Beach Council Member Jill Hardy (South Coast Region); and
- Imperial Beach Council Member Ed Spriggs (San Diego Region).
Created by the League board of directors in November 2006, the Coastal Cities Issues Group comprises all 61 cities in California’s coastal zone. The group’s mission is to advance the common interests of coastal cities and to facilitate communications with the California Coastal Commission. It advises the League policy committees and board of directors on policy issues related to the coastal zone and serves as a forum for coastal cities. The Coastal Cities Issues Group typically meets annually at the League’s annual conference.
Any city official of a city within the coastal zone who would like to receive Coastal Commission agendas or join League’s Coastal Cities Issues Group listserv are encouraged to contact League Legislative Policy Analyst Derek Dolfie