Since the bill introduction deadline on Feb. 17, a number of legislative hearings have started to ramp up.
Some hearings, if not all, will be televised. The Senate
publish weekly television schedules, but audio is always available online. In addition, many hearings are also webcast via the California Channel
Here are a number of upcoming hearings of interest to cities:
Assembly Budget Subcommittee No. 5 on Public Safety
Senate Joint Hearing of Natural Resources and Water and Joint Legislative Committee on Emergency Management
- Informational Hearing: Justice Reform in California.
, 9:30 a.m., State Capitol, John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203)
Senate Transportation and Housing
- Informational Hearing: The Incident at the Oroville Dam: What Happened and What Happens Next?
, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203)
Assembly Budget Subcommittee No. 4 on State Administration
- SB 2 (Atkins) – Building Homes and Jobs Act.
- SB 3 (Beall) – Affordable Housing Bond Act of 2018.
- SB 35 (Wiener) – Planning and Zoning: affordable housing: streamlined approval process.
- AB 28 (Frazier) – Department of Transportation: environmental review process: federal pilot program.
, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 447
Senate Governance and Finance, 9: 30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 112
- Informational Hearing: What are the Financial Barriers to Housing Production in California?
Assembly Budget Subcommittee No. 3 on Resources and Transportation
- SB 1 (Beall) – Transportation funding.
, 9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 447
Senate Budget and Fiscal Review Subcommittee No. 5 on Corrections, Public Safety and the Judiciary
- Informational Hearing: Climate and Environmental Research in California.
Assembly Housing and Community Development
- Budget Hearing: Prop. 64 – Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA) (Judicial Branch impacts only).
, 10 a.m. – noon, The Milton Marks Auditorium, 455 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco
Senate Transportation and Housing Committee
- Informational Hearing: California’s Housing Affordability Crisis: Challenges and Solutions.
, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
- Informational Hearing: California’s Housing Crisis: Long-Term & Comprehensive Funding and Regulatory Solutions.