This day-and-a-half conference commences on Dec. 13–14 at the Newport Beach Marriott and is designed to appeal to fire service leaders, including fire chiefs, chief officers and union leadership.
Topics and sessions offered at the conference are selected to deliver challenging leadership topics such as succession planning, labor relations, emergency response, late breaking changes in EMS and more.
Some suggestions and topics of current interest to fire chiefs include:
- Emergency Medical Services;
- Local Control: Protecting your city’s right to deliver what your community wants;
- Data collection and measuring patient outcomes;
- Demonstrating efficiency and effectiveness;
- How to implement innovative delivery models in your city;
- Behavioral Health – Health and Wellness for Fire Chiefs;
- Cancer prevention and tracking;
- Mental health and wellness / suicide prevention;
- The looming pension crisis – can we fix it together?;
- Model Labor/Management processes in California;
- Leadership and Management;
- Leadership and innovation;
- Culture change to overcome the status quo and tradition;
- What do tomorrow’s leaders need today?; and
- What does succession development look like from the labor side?.
- Submissions, non-commercial in nature, from any individual, group, business or organization, on any topic are welcome.
- The Program Planning Committee will consider the educational value of each proposal and the extent to which it presents new and/or significant information.
- Sessions may not include sales, commercialism or product promotion of any kind.
- Proposals must be submitted online.
For more information or to request a copy of last year’s program, please contact Katie Sacco