This webinar is tailored specifically for cities providing employees and retirees with medical insurance coverage through the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS).
The HBM offers an important and flexible solution for cities unable to reduce their OPEB exposure and manage employee health care costs under their current plan design. Cities offering medical insurance coverage through a contract with CalPERS face a range of challenges, particularly when considering alternative medical insurance coverage options. During this valuable webinar, participants will learn about:
- Unique challenges when exploring medical insurance coverage outside the CalPERS system;
- Planning ahead — transition timelines;
- Obtaining comparative quotes to evaluate options;
- How geography and carrier networks affect options; and
- Positioning your city for a successful transition.
About the Health Benefits Marketplace
Through the League of California Cities Health Benefits Marketplace™, (HBM) cities have the ability to redesign their approach to medical insurance for active employees and retirees. HBM is a consumer-driven platform that gives active employees and retirees choice, which allows participants to align coverage with their individual needs.
For additional information on the Health Benefits Marketplace visit www.cacities.org/HBM
or contact Norman Coppinger
with the League of California Cities at (916) 658-8277.