This conference is programmed specifically for newly elected city officials, with courses on the basic legal and practical framework in which mayors and council members operate. Sessions will focus on a range of topics including:
- Your League and How to Use It;
- Effective Advocacy & Key City Officials;
- Your Legal Powers and obligations;
- Policy Role in Land Use Planning;
- Relationship between City Council and City Manager Staff:
- Communications and the New Media; and
- Financial Responsibilities, City Revenues Workshop.
The conference also features AB 1234 Ethics Training, which is required for all elected and appointed officials to complete every two years in specific laws and principles.
Full conference registration includes the following:
- Two-and-a-half days of sessions, including AB 1234 training;
- Wednesday lunch and reception, Thursday breakfast and lunch and Friday breakfast; and
- Electronic access to all program materials.
by Friday, Jan. 6. Due to high demand for this conference, and the large numbers of newly elected mayors and council members, it is expected to sell out before the registration deadline.
Please contact Caitlin Cole
with any questions about the conference or Megan Dunn