The League of California Cities®
is recruiting volunteer judges to review the applications and select the winning programs.
Sponsored by the League Partners Program, the Helen Putnam Award for Excellence program was designed to recognize and promote the outstanding efforts and innovative solutions made by city governments each year. Award Winners are recognized at the League's Annual Conference, Western City
magazine, press release notifications, on the League's website, and in presentations made to city council meetings.
The League is recruiting 60 volunteers to serve on the various juries. Interested volunteer jurors must apply by Friday, May 20. Information and application form are available online at www.helenputnam.org
Applications should be sent to Melissa Lienau via email
or faxed to (916) 658-8240.
If you know your city has applied under a certain category please do not volunteer for that category.
Award categories include:
- CCS Partnership Intergovernmental Collaboration Award
- Community Services and Economic Development
- Economic Development through the Arts
- Enhancing Public Trust, Ethics, and Community Involvement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Housing Programs and Innovations
- Internal Administration
- Planning and Environmental Quality
- Public Safety
- Public Works, Infrastructure, Transportation
- Ruth Vreeland Award for Engaging Youth in City Government
Please contact Melissa Lienau
at (916) 658-8216 with questions.