The action now moves to the Legislature as hearings commence and negotiations occur.
The Legislature’s regular legislative policy committees continue and bulk of bills that the League is tracking will be heard in the appropriations committees of both houses. A full listing
of Senate and Assembly hearings is available online. Hearing times are subject to change.
Additional information about the important bills the League is tracking is available in the 2016 Hot and Priority Bill List. Published on April 15, this list will continually be updated throughout the remainder of the Legislative Session. Bill language and any available position letters on legislation can be found through the bill search function on the League’s website
Monday, May 16
Senate Committee on Appropriations, 10 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
Wednesday, May 18
- SB 868 (Jackson) State Remote Piloted Aircraft Act. League position: Support.
- SB 1166 (Jackson) Unlawful employment practice: parental leave. League position: Oppose.
- SB 1279 (Hancock) California Transportation Commission: funding prohibition: coal shipment. League position: Oppose.
Assembly Committee on Appropriations, 9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4202
- AB 1561 (Garcia, C.) Sales and use taxes: exemption: sanitary napkins: tampons: menstrual cups and sponges. League position: Oppose Unless Amended.
- AB 1643 (Gonzalez) Workers’ compensation: permanent disability apportionment. League position: Oppose.
- AB 1736 (Steinorth) Personal income taxes: deduction: homeownership savings accounts. League position: Support.
- AB 1969 (Steinorth) Affordable housing: home purchase assistance. League position: Support.
- AB 2121 (Gonzalez) Alcoholic beverage control: Responsible Beverage Service Training Program Act of 2016. League position: Support.
- AB 2257 (Maienschein) Local agency meetings: agenda: online posting. League position: Oppose Unless Amended.
- AB 2261 (Hernández, R.) Division of Labor Standards Enforcement: duties. League position: Oppose.
- AB 2441 (Thurmond) Housing: Workforce Housing Pilot Program. League position: Support.