In publishing the fifth edition of the most-referred to users guide for open and public meetings, the League is interested in featuring new images from California cities to illustrate the book.
Cities who are interested in submitting images should take high resolution photos that the League can use in the publication. Images should be at the size of 8.5”x8” and a minimum of 240 dpi.
The following are images are needed:
- City councils and the public engaged in a meeting — such as a shot from the back of the chamber looking at the dais with the council seated. The opposite image would be useful taken behind the dais seeing the backs of the council at the dais looking out at the full chamber of community members;
- City council with no meeting participants in the audience visible;
- City council meeting agendas both as printed documents and also on digital devices such as a tablet or laptop or computer screen;
- The agenda posted at city hall as public notice;
- Stack of agenda packets on a desk;
- Two council members talking directly to each other;
- Speaker phone on dais;
- Microphones both on dais and at the podium where public comments; and
- The public at the podium commenting.
The League requests that if you take pictures with the audience visible, please ask those in the images to sign a release form so the League has authorization to use their image.
Because city council meetings occur on a weekly or biweekly basis and staff is extremely busy during the meeting, the League suggests that cities interested in submitting images for this purpose, ask city staff to participate as the audience with the council in a staged meeting as not to take away from the work being done in a real public meeting.
Images can be emailed to email@example.com
Please contact Eva Spiegel
with any questions at (916) 658-8228.
The League greatly appreciates your city’s input and participation in this process. Thank you for your help in making Open and Public V
a dynamic publication.