The League Partner-sponsored awards honor member cities for their outstanding programs and activities in 12 different categories.
The successes of California cities are recognized as demonstrated by beneficial innovations, resourceful efficiencies, improved public service, and overall enhanced public trust and support. It is also an opportunity to thank employees and collaborators, gain the appreciation of residents and have a community celebration of the good work contributing to the quality of life in your city.
Does your city have an outstanding program that delivers efficiency, quality service and innovation? Enter your program at www.helenputnam.org
Award categories include:
- CCS Partnership Intergovernmental Collaboration Award
- Community Services and Economic Development
- Economic Development through the Arts
- Enhancing Public Trust, Ethics, and Community Involvement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Housing Programs and Innovations
- Internal Administration
- League Partners Award for Excellence in City-Business Relations
- Planning and Environmental Quality
- Public Safety
- Public Works, Infrastructure, Transportation
- Ruth Vreeland Award for Engaging Youth in City Government
Additionally, your city can receive the President's Advocacy Award. This prestigious award honors a distinguished program or individual that best advocates for the League's annual strategic priorities. One outstanding winner may be chosen from the 12 categories.
To qualify, simply demonstrate that your city offered a program or service that has proven measurable and successful within a minimum of one year of actual implementation. Particular attention and credit is given to applications specifically advancing the League's strategic priorities
, which are determined each year by the board of directors.
Your city must be a League member to apply. Submit your entry online
by April 9.
Please contact Melissa Lienau
with any questions at (916) 658-8216.