In addition, with last week’s house of origin deadline, legislative policy committees are already hearing bills that have crossed houses. Policy committees will continue to meet until the Legislature adjourns for its summer recess on July 17.
To access the bill, the League’s position letter and sample letters, please go to www.cacities.org/billsearch
and plug in the bill number into the search box.
The League’s full 2015 Hot and Priority Bill list
is available online.
A full listing
of Senate and Assembly hearings is available online. Hearing times are subject to change. Bill language and any available position letters on legislation can be found through the bill search function on the League’s website
Tuesday, June 16
Assembly Public Safety, 9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 126
- HOT SB 175 (Huff) Peace officers: body-worn cameras. League position: Support.
Senate Energy, Utilities and Communications, 9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 3191
- AB 57 (Quirk) Telecommunications: wireless telecommunication facilities. League position: Oppose.
- AB 1262 (Wood) Telecommunications: universal service: California Advanced Services Fund. League position: Support.
Senate Transportation and Housing, 1:30 p.m., State Capitol, John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203)
Wednesday, June 17
- AB 451 (Bonilla) Private parking facilities. League position: Support.
- AB 1403 (Maienschein) Housing: joint powers agreement. League position: Support.
Senate Environmental Quality, 9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 3191
- AB 323 (Olsen) California Environmental Quality Act: exemption: roadway improvements. League position: Support.
Senate Governance and Finance, 9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 112
- AB 1236 (Chiu) Local ordinance: electric vehicle charging stations. League position: Oppose unless amended.