Presented by the Local Government Commission, the 24th
-annual Ahwahnee Conference for Local Elected Officials will feature dynamic speakers and leading experts discussing innovative solutions for increasing resiliency and implementing smart-growth strategies in a time of accelerating demographic, technological and environmental changes. There will also be a special track on equity, starting with our opening speaker, Ron Sims, who served as deputy secretary for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development from 2009-2011.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sen. Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont)
- Ron Sims, civic volunteer in health, education, environmental and social equity issues
- Julie Nelson, director, Government Alliance for Race and Equity
- Glenn Harris, president, Center for Social Inclusion
- Mark "Puck" Mykleby, retired U.S. Marine Corps Col. and co-founder Strategic Innovation Lab, Case Western University
- Joel Makower, chair and executive editor, GreenBiz Group Inc.
- Zach Ware, founder and CEO, SHIFT
- Daniel Sperling, founding director, U.C. Davis Institute of Transportation Studies
The full conference agenda is available online
Registration and lodging details are available online
. Rooms are still available. Feb. 19 is the deadline for the conference room block. Conference registration ends March 12.
Please contact Tony Leonard
with questions about this event.