Each year the League of California Cities honors outstanding solutions in member cities through the League Partner-sponsored Helen Putnam Awards for Excellence. If your city has done remarkable, innovative work in any of the 12 categories now is the time to get the recognition it deserves.
The award recognizes the successes of California cities as demonstrated by beneficial innovations, resourceful efficiencies, improved public service, and overall enhanced public trust and support. It is also an opportunity to thank your employees and collaborators, gain the appreciation of your residents and have a community celebration of the good work to better your city.
Does your city have an outstanding program that delivers efficiency, quality service and innovation? Enter your program at www.helenputnam.org
Award categories include:
- CCS Partnership Intergovernmental Collaboration Award
- Community Services and Economic Development
- Economic Development through the Arts
- Enhancing Public Trust, Ethics, and Community Involvement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Housing Programs and Innovations
- Internal Administration
- League Partners Award for Excellence in City-Business Relations
- Planning and Environmental Quality
- Public Safety
- Public Works, Infrastructure, Transportation
- Ruth Vreeland Award for Engaging Youth in City Government
Additionally, your city can receive the President's Advocacy Award. This prestigious award honors a distinguished program or individual that best advocates for the League's annual strategic priorities. One outstanding winner may be chosen from the 12 categories.
To qualify, simply demonstrate that your city offered a program or service that has proven measurable and successful within a minimum of one year of actual implementation. Particular attention and credit is given to applications specifically advancing the League's strategic priorities
, which are determined each year by the board of directors.
Your city must be a League member to apply. Submit your entry online
by April 9.
Please contact Melissa Lienau
with any questions at (916) 658-8216.