Scheduled for Wednesday, April 29, the one-day event is free for League members and League Partners.
The day will start at 10 a.m. with a general briefing on current budget issues and a legislative and policy update on a wide range of topics including:
- Efforts to improve and expand economic development tools;
- Transportation and other infrastructure funding;
- Water bond implementation;
- Medical marijuana regulation and other public safety issues;
- Land use issues such as CEQA reform, affordable housing, vacation rental, ADA lawsuit abuse and massage);
- Pension reform implementation;
- Other legislation of critical importance; and
- Updates from legislators.
Following the briefing, which ends at 11:30 a.m., city officials will have time to meet with the legislators in the Capitol. The League’s Latino Caucus is co-sponsoring a legislative panel on local economic development and infrastructure funding options from 3:30– 4:30 p.m.
For city officials who are able to extend their day, the League will be hosting a legislative reception from 5:30–6:30 p.m. The full brochure
has additional information.
March 27 is the deadline to register for Legislative Action Day. Register online at www.cacities.org/events
Please direct questions to Megan Dunn
, the League’s registrar.