Instead, all the action is in fiscal committees, which face long agendas as they must hear and pass all bills out of the house of origin by May 31. Thursday the Senate Appropriations Committee will take up the “Suspense File,” all bills on which action was deferred because their impact on the General Fund is $50,000 or more. The Assembly will also do the same, likely on Wednesday.
A full listing
of all Senate and Assembly hearings is available online. Hearing times are subject to change. The League will report any actions of significance. As of this writing, a listing of bills to be heard by the Assembly Appropriations Committee has not yet been posted. An updated version of this article will be produced to include Assembly bills when the information becomes available.
Bill language and any available position letters can be found on the League’s website
by typing the bill number into the search box.
Monday, May 20
Senate Appropriations Committee, State Capitol, Room 4203, 10 a.m.
• HOT BILL SB 470 (Wright) Community development: economic opportunity*. League position: Support. *Anticipated Hearing
• SB 43 (Wolk) Shared Renewable Energy Self-Generation Program. League position: Support.
• SB 211 (Price) Tax administration: disclosure of information: Franchise Tax Board and cities.
League Position: Support.
• HOT BILL SB 313 (De León) Public Safety Officers Procedural Bill of Rights Act. League position: Oppose.
• SB 434 (Hill) Personal income and corporation taxes: hiring credits: enterprise zones, LAMBRAs, manufacturing enhancement areas, and targeted tax areas. League Position: Oppose.
Thursday, May 23
Senate Appropriations Committee, State Capitol, Room 4203, 9:30 a.m.
Suspense File will be heard
• HOT BILL SB 7 (Steinberg) Public works: charter cities. League Position: Oppose.
• HOT BILL SB 64 (Corbett) Proposition 39: implementation. League Position: Support.
• SB 254 (Hancock) Solid waste: used mattresses: recycling and recovery. League position: Support.
• HOT BILL SB 391 (DeSaulnier) California Homes and Jobs Act of 2013. League Position: Support.
Friday, May 24
Assembly Appropriations Committee, State Capitol, Room 4202, 9 a.m.
• HOT BILL AB 305 (V. Manuel Pérez) Income taxes: hiring credits: investment credits. League position: Support.