The Los Angeles County Division is made up of 86 cities within Los Angeles County and provides members with the opportunity to exchange ideas and information and share the advantages of cooperative advocacy.
- More than 11 million people;
- 4,500 square miles (one of the nation's largest counties); and
- More than 550 elected officials.
The Division is guided by an executive committee under the leadership of a Division president. Elected city officials and professional city staff attend meetings, trainings and events throughout the year to learn, share what they are doing and advocate for their interests in Sacramento.
Division members also participate in the development of League policy through representation on:
- The League Board of Directors;
- Policy Committees;
- The Annual Conference Resolution Committee; and
- The Annual Conference Program Committee.
La Canada Flintridge
La Habra Heights
Palos Verdes Estates
Rancho Palos Verdes
Rolling Hills Estates
Santa Fe Springs
South El Monte
"Like" the division's facebook page to see timely news, legislative and event updates important to cities.
2018 Division Strategic Priorities
The Division's Board of Directors meet every fall to review the previous year’s accomplishments and adopt strategic goals for the following year. The Board of Directors adopted the following goals for 2018:
- Support policies and additional funding for criminal justice reform efforts that enhance public safety and mitigate the impacts of AB 109, Prop. 47 and Prop. 57.
- Protect local control of and funding for regional infrastructure projects including transportation, telecommunications, and sustainable water management systems.
- Influence housing policies to address the affordability and homelessness crisis in the Los Angeles County region.
- Encourage adoption of best practices and policies for sexual harassment prevention and reporting.
2018-2019 Division Officers & Board of Directors
President: Jennifer King, Council Member, Palos Verdes Estates
Vice President: Juan Garza, Mayor Pro Tem, Bellflower
Secretary/Treasurer: Blanca Pacheco, Council Member, Downey
Division Director: Jorge Morales, Council Member, South Gate
Past President: Miguel Canales, Council Member, Artesia
Regional Director–Arroyo Verdugo JPA: Diana Mahmud, Council Member, South Pasadena
Regional Director–Gateway Cities COG: Larry Forester, Vice Mayor, Signal Hill
Regional Director–Las Virgenes-Malibu COG: Brad Halpern, Council Member, Westlake Village
Regional Director–San Fernando Valley COG: Emily Gabel-Luddy, Mayor, Burbank
Regional Director–San Gabriel Valley COG: VACANT
Regional Director–South Bay Cities COG: Bea Dieringer, Council Member, Rolling Hills
Regional Director–Westside Cities COG: Lindsey Horvath, Council Member, West Hollywood
Regional Director–City of Los Angeles: John Wickham, Chief Legislative Analyst, Los Angeles
Thank You to Our Division 2018 CITIPAC Sponsors