The Los Angeles County Division is made up of 86 cities within Los Angeles County and provides members with the opportunity to exchange ideas and information and share the advantages of cooperative advocacy.
- More than 11 million people;
- 4,500 square miles (one of the nation's largest counties); and
- More than 550 elected officials.
The Division is guided by an executive committee under the leadership of a Division president. Elected city officials and professional city staff attend meetings, trainings and events throughout the year to learn, share what they are doing and advocate for their interests in Sacramento.
Division members also participate in the development of League policy through representation on:
- The League Board of Directors;
- Policy Committees;
- The Annual Conference Resolution Committee; and
- The Annual Conference Program Committee.
La Canada Flintridge
La Habra Heights
Palos Verdes Estates
Rancho Palos Verdes
Rolling Hills Estates
Santa Fe Springs
South El Monte
"Like" the division's facebook page to see timely news, legislative and event updates important to cities.
2019 Division Strategic Priorities
The Division's Board of Directors meet every fall to review the previous year’s accomplishments and adopt strategic goals for the following year. The Board of Directors adopted the following goals for 2019:
- Provide information and resources to city officials to anticipate and prepare for natural and man-made disasters and the impact of climate change.
- Enhance public safety by supporting legislation, policies, and additional funding for criminal justice reform efforts, including the mitigation of impacts of AB 109, Prop. 47 and Prop. 57 and other criminal justice laws.
- Influence legislation and policies to address homelessness, the housing shortage and housing affordability, while preserving local control.
2018-2019 Division Officers & Board of Directors
President: Juan Garza, Mayor Pro Tem, Bellflower
Vice President: Blanca Pacheco, Mayor Pro Tem, Downey
Secretary/Treasurer: James Bozajian, Council Member, Calabasas
Division Director: Jorge Morales, Mayor, South Gate
Past President: Miguel Canales, Mayor Pro Tem, Artesia
Regional Director–Arroyo Verdugo JPA: Diana Mahmud, Council Member, South Pasadena
Regional Director–Gateway Cities COG: Steve Croft, Council Member, Lakewood
Regional Director–Las Virgenes-Malibu COG: Brad Halpern, Council Member, Westlake Village
Regional Director–San Fernando Valley COG: Emily Gabel-Luddy, Mayor, Burbank
Regional Director–San Gabriel Valley COG: Margaret Clark, Mayor, Rosemead
Regional Director–South Bay Cities COG: Bea Dieringer, Council Member, Rolling Hills
Regional Director–Westside Cities COG: Sue Himmelrich, Council Member, Santa Monica
Regional Director–City of Los Angeles: John Wickham, Chief Legislative Analyst, Los Angeles
Thank You to Our Division Sponsors