The League Police Chiefs Department works closely with the California Police Chiefs Association to:
- Promote and advance the science and art of police administration and crime prevention.
- Develop and disseminate professional administrative practices, and promote their use in the police profession.
- Foster police cooperation and the exchange of information and experience throughout the state.
- Bring about recruitment and training in the police profession of qualified persons.
- Encourage the adherence of all police officers to high professional standards of conduct in the strict compliance with the Law Enforcement Officer's Code of Ethics.
Please visit the California Police Chiefs Association online at www.californiapolicechiefs.org/.
The Police Chiefs Department Officers serve a one year term in their respective position with their terms concluding in March.
2015-2016 Department Executive Officers
President – David Bejarano, Chief, Chula Vista Police Department
1st Vice President – Ken Corney, Chief, Ventura Police Department
2nd Vice President – Sylvia Moir, Chief, El Cerrito Police Department
Past President – Christopher Boyd, Chief, Citrus Heights Police Department
Department Director – Dan DeSmidt, Chief, Belmont Police Department
Appointed by the department president, each department has at least one representative on each of the League’s standing eight committees that can provide technical information to the committee as a whole to ensure that the department has a voice in the decision-making process, and make recommendations to the board of directors on legislative and policy issues.
Visit the League’s Policy Development webpage to view upcoming meeting information, listed committees, and meeting agendas.
2012 Policy Committee Representatives
Note: The 2012 term has now concluded. Appointments are available for police department leadership through the Presidential Appointment process. For more information, please see How to Join a Policy Committee or contact Meg Desmond.