Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Local Officials Caucus
The Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Local Officials (GLBTLO) Caucus is a diversity caucus organized within the League of California Cities. The GLBTLO Caucus was established under the bylaws of the League of California Cities in 2007.
The mission of the GLBTLO Caucus is to provide GLBT municipal officials and their colleagues with a forum to share ideas and develop leadership experience. The GLBTLO caucus provides resources for city officials to discuss League priorities and issues, and offer avenues for communicating with the state's GLBT constituency. The GLBTLO caucus is dedicated to developing advancement opportunities for individuals in the GLBT community, to taking leadership roles in community activities and encouraging individuals to seek public office.
Goals of the GLBTLO Caucus
- Providing a forum for the GLBT community within the framework of the League of California Cities.
- Encouraging the active involvement and full participation of Gay, Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender municipal officials (and their non-gay supporters) in the organization and programs of the League of California Cities.
- Serving as a key resource to LCC in identifying and providing names, qualifications, expertise, and interests of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender elected and appointed officials for consideration for service in various League of California Cities roles— both board appointed and League of California Cities elected positions.
- Connecting city officials sharing similar characteristics with one another promotes the League's mission of facilitating the sharing of information and ideas among city officials and promoting responsive city government.
- Playing an active role in accomplishing the League's strategic goals,
- Encouraging any other elected or appointed officials to support Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual & Transgender colleagues through participation in the proposed
League GLBT Diversity Group Officers
- President: Larry Forester, council member, Signal Hill
- Vice President: Catherine Carlton, mayor, Menlo Park
- Secretary/Treasurer: Larry Blunden, council member, Signal Hill
- Board Member: John Aguilar, council member, Cathedral City
- Board Member: Tim Knox, vice mayor, Amador City
- Past President: Greg Pettis, mayor pro tem, Cathedral City
Upcoming Events & Meetings
Please contact the LBGT Caucus for additional information and sponsorship opportunities for the upcoming GLBTLO reception at the 2013 League Annual Conference.
Membership is open to anyone who adheres to the Caucus mission and goals. To join, download the membership form, complete and send with membership dues to League of Cities, 1400 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95814.
Please email the GLBTLO caucus with any inquiries about membership information and/or caucus activities.